This course helps build your self compassion so you can enjoy life without being ruled by fear and self doubt. You will learn how to identify when you are overly critical of yourself, understand why you do it and how it affects you.
Take the first step on a journey towards a more constructive and loving relationship with yourself.
About the course
This course is designed to change your life through changing your relationship with yourself - by working through exercises drawn from the leading research on self-compassion.
You will learn how to identify when you are overly critical of yourself, understand why you do it and how it affects you. Most importantly you will explore a more constructive way of relating to yourself.
These exercises have been proven to help in many aspects of everyday life, from work and education to parenthood and self-esteem.
Practicing self-compassion has been proven to increase happiness and motivation, decrease anxiety and depressive symptoms as well as decrease narcissism and increase altruism.
What will I learn?
- Turn self-criticism into self-compassion
- Learn to increase happiness and motivation
- Decrease anxiety and depressive symptoms
How does it work?
- This course consists of 7 lessons.
- By doing this course together with a group of friends, colleagues or other people in the 29k app, you gain more value from the course, and get support along the journey.
- After completing each lesson, you can have a sharing session with your group to dive deeper into each topic. This is an opportunity to be present, learn from each other, and create a safe space for meaningful human connection.
Who created this course?
This course has been co-created by 19 researchers and psychologists.
29k is a Swedish foundation and one of the initiating partners of the IDGs initiative. 29k's mission is to democratize access to inner development. 29k does this via a non-profit, open-source digital platform that provides free access to evidence-based psychological tools for mental health and inner development. All interventions are co-created together with leading researchers on the topic in question. Check out more at www.29k.org.